Gold Seal: 4 Credits * BC Housing: 16 CPD Points
Live online events
Tue 5 Dec
4 days, 08:30 AM PST - 12:30 PM PST
- GS Credits: 4
- BC Housing CPD Points: 16
- Member Rate $650.00 excl. GST
- $850.00 excl. GST
Excellent communication is essential for construction leaders! In this course, participants will learn how to improve their listening, speaking, and writing skills. Participants will leave with a better understanding of how to communicate goals and strategies effectively, as well as lead collaborative decision-making.
- Learn the basics of good communication.
- Improve their listening skills: interpret body language, use reflective listening, deal with difficult people, and use good questioning skills.
- Effective oral communication - tone, body language, listening well, asking good questions, active/reflective listening.
- Choosing the right mode of communication - when to email, when to call, when to text, and when to call a meeting.
- Improve their speaking skills: phone calls, meetings, small groups, and large group presentations.
- Improve their writing skills: emails, texts, letters, RFIs, and reports.
- Enhance individual and group performance and engagement by communicating well.
- Apply various negotiating skills.
- Deal with difficult people, conflict, and confrontation.
- Tips for better emails (and bloopers to avoid).
- Tips for better meetings.
- Tips to get RFIs answered quickly.
- Tips for effective Change Orders.
- Building a proactive communication plan for projects - dealing with all the stakeholders.
- Lead through vision casting and strategic focus.
- Learn the benefits of collaborative decision-making and how best to lead leaders.
This course consists of two full days (16 hours) of classroom lessons with instructors plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors.
To receive a 4 Gold Seal accredited certificate, you must complete the online portion after the 2 classroom sessions.
Delivery Method: Available in Virtual or Classroom delivery
Course Fee Includes: All books and materials, lunch, a digital certificate upon completion, and parking.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for construction owners, managers, estimators, and supervisors, construction safety officers and staff.
What Previous Participants Have Said
"Very good instructor, Well done. Made learning the info easy."
“Instructor knows a lot and he was very patient.”