Falls from height are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths in the workplace. This comprehensive fall protection training was developed to meet the highest standards for training in most Canadian jurisdictions using Canadian Standards Associations (CSA) Z259. Designed to educate the worker in the planning, use, care, and implementation of common fall protection systems, it includes both theory and practical application exercises. Participants will engage in hands-on training activities, including inspecting, fitting, adjusting, and connecting fall protection systems and components.
- Why fall protection is important.
- Legislative roles and responsibilities.
- Identifying and assessing fall hazards, the hierarchy of controls, and the development of fall protection and safe work procedures.
- Types of fall arrest systems, equipment, and components.
- The use, care, storage, maintenance, and inspection of fall protection equipment, systems, and components.
- Fall protection system forces and clearances.
- Effects of falls and fall rescue planning
The competencies of this program are tested through a knowledge-based examination, and through 100% participation in the program. Participants must achieve a minimum pass mark of 70% on a written competency exam.
The Certificate of Completion is valid for three years.
Delivery Method: Classroom Session
Course Fee Includes: All books and materials, and upon completion a certificate.
This training session is being offered in partnership with Global Training Center.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those that are new to the industry or have little to no previous fall protection training. It could also be beneficial for anyone who has let their certification expire for a long period of time.