Provided in partnership with Global Training Center
This one-day program emphasizes equipment techniques that instill Fall Protection Safety to eliminate or mitigate fall hazards. The responsibilities of employers and workers are covered, incorporating regulations and standards that apply when working at heights. The program consists of both classroom theory and hands-on practical training. The responsibilities of both employer and worker are covered, as well as the regulations and standards that apply when working at height.
- Need for fall protection training.
- Need to use and care for fall protection equipment.
- Regulations governing fall protection in Canada.
- Human and financial costs of not using fall protection correctly.
- Four components of a complete fall protection system.
- Calculations that are required for determining minimum clearance requirements.
- Maintenance and use criteria for fall protection equipment.
- Types of fall protection systems.
- Requirements of developing a fall protection program.
- Post-fall and rescue planning.
- Application of learned knowledge to create and use appropriate fall protection systems.
PPE REQUIRED TO ATTEND THIS CLASS: Steel-toed boots, hard hat, gloves, coveralls, safety glasses
Important: Photo ID is required to receive a certificate.
The competencies of this program are tested through a knowledge-based examination, and through 100% participation in the program. Completion of practical skills evaluation to defined competency standards.
Participants must achieve a minimum pass mark of 70% on a written competency exam.
Certification is valid for 3 years.
***PLEASE PURCHASE LUNCH - IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PURCHASE LUNCH, PLEASE THEN BRING YOUR OWN AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE THE SITE FOR LUNCH*** (THERE IS NO LUNCH OPTION FOR THE CALGARY CLASSES).
Delivery Method: Classroom Session
Course Fee Includes: All books and materials, and upon completion a certificate.
This training session is being offered in partnership with Global Training Center.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those that are new to the industry or have little to no previous fall protection training. It could also be beneficial for anyone who has let their certification expire for a long period of time.