Gold Seal: 1 Credit - Previously named "Time Management Workshop"
Live online events
Feeling caught between a clock and a hard place? The “time management” challenges of the 21st Century workplace are very different than the industrial age–old solutions don’t work anymore!
When working on a project, timing is essential. If you get behind on one part of the project, the entire thing can be set back hours, or even days. It is also important that managers and supervisors manage not only their time but that of their employees.
In this high-level, leading-edge Time Management for Leaders workshop, participants will learn powerful lessons about themselves, enhancing deeper self-understanding so they can leverage their personal strengths and develop strategies to minimize the impact of their weaknesses.
Through an intensive look at yourself and how you operate, you will gain a new mindset, skillset, and toolset that will optimize your personal productivity and allow you to produce greater results in less time. Improved time management skills will mean increased productivity, meeting deadlines, and a positive impact on all aspects of your business.
Participants will learn:
- The Behaviour Style Model
- What is your personal style?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of each style?
- The challenges of managing a team with multiple styles.
- How to successfully set and manage multiple and constantly shifting priorities.
- How to “stay on track” and prevent people or “fires” from taking control of your day.
- Proven techniques for minimizing interruptions and how to control their duration.
- 14 tips that allow you to schedule your time for optimum productivity and flexibility.
- The secret to overcoming “To-Do List” frustration.
- How to implement workload reduction strategies by re-engineering your job and creating “Not-To-Do Lists”
- The truth about “multi-tasking” … When is it OK and when does it become counter-productive?
- The 4 core components that are required to create an airtight system to ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- Tips, tactics, and techniques to help tame your email inbox.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This session was previously called "Time Management Workshop". The name of the course has been updated to better capture the design of the course. The actual course content has not changed.
Delivery Method: Virtual with Zoom Meetings or In-Person/Classroom delivery available.
Course Fee Includes: Access to the course, course materials, and a digital certificate upon completion.
This course is delivered in partnership with local and provincial construction associations across Canada. You will be participating with a group of industry peers from multiple regions.
Sharing a single registration between two or more individuals is not permitted. Please register each person that will be in attendance.
It is strongly recommended thatparticipants will already have completed the Introduction to Time Management session, or that they have a very strong understanding of the basic time management tools.
**For Virtual Delivery Sessions Only**
Computer or laptop
This course will involve on-screen interaction with your instructor and classmates, reading/viewing on-screen content (slides or videos), and interacting via typing with questions or responses. For this reason, cell phones will not be adequate.
Windows 10 or Mac iOS.
Webcam (Mandatory)– in order to engage and collaborate, participants will be expected to have their webcams on for the duration of the class
Internet connection- For best results, you will want to ensure you have an internet connection with an upload/download speed of 3-5 Mbps. You can test your internet speed here. The minimum recommended speed is 1.5 Mbps, but anything below 3 Mbps may result in loss of quality or buffering. Ideally hardwired connection versus wireless for stability - connect your computer directly to your router using an ethernet cable, rather than using your home wi-fi.
A quiet space with minimal distractions –The microphone will be engaged for interactive sessions. Please plan to be fully engaged in the class and clear your work schedule just as you would for the in-class program.
Who Should Attend
This is an intermediate-level session that assumes the participants will already have a solid knowledge of the basic time management tools.
This session is ideal for anyone that is in a role thatmanages people and would like to learn how to be more efficient, boost their personal productivity, and make the most of their time.