Kevin has worked in the built environment and project management fields for over 35 years and has used his extensive construction industry experience, and gained interacting with diverse cultures in Canada, the USA, the Caribbean, Europe, and Africa, to deliver successful capital-building projects. Kevin’s sector list includes public works, healthcare, education, energy (oil & gas), industrial, commercial, and residential projects.
Kevin commenced his career as an Architect before completing post-graduate studies in Project Management and Construction Law facilitating his move into managing a broad spectrum of developments from inception to completion, in an “owners-representative” capacity. As such, Kevin has expertise in both the design and execution sides of project delivery and is experienced in all phases of the development lifecycle, including program management, budget establishment, consultant team leadership, contract document preparation, project implementation, contract administration, change management, cost control, conflict resolution, and project closeout.
In 2017 Kevin completed formal alternative dispute resolution (ADR) training and qualified as an arbitrator and construction adjudicator. Drawing on his comprehensive industry experience, and a keen interest in construction law, Kevin now consults on construction contracts, provides analysis on contractual claims and quantum entitlements, and provides litigation support to construction lawyers, building owners, insurers, and surety bonders.
Subject matter expertise in all phases of the project lifecycle; comprehensive proficiency in construction contracts and contractual documentation; extensive and diverse career experience on a variety of projects in both public and private sectors; respectful and professional relationship builder, and competent dispute resolver.
Core Expertise Project Experience
- Project Team Leadership
- Contract Administration
- Payment Certification
- Entitlement Quantification
- Change Order and Claims Analysis
- Quantum Assessments
- Expert Witness Reports
- Adjudication and Conflict Management
- Diploma Architecture
- MSc Construction Law
- Qualified Arbitrator
- Certified Construction Adjudicator
- Umpire under Insurance Act
- Edmonton Clinic Health Academy - (Alberta)
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court - (Caribbean)
- Highrise Head Office - (Houston, USA)
- Blast Resistant Shelter in Place - (Kansas, USA)
- Education Facilities - (Caribbean, Alberta)
- Mine infrastructure - (South Africa)
- Commercial Developments - (Ireland, UK)
- Professional Quantity Surveyor (PQS) - CIQS
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
- Canadian Assoc of Consulting Quantity Surveyors
- ADRIA (Member) – Qualified Arbitrator
- ARCANA (AB) – Certified Adjudicator