Certificate in Essential Site Management Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate may qualify for funding under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS) to approved employers.
Cost: $1300 + GST
Upon registration, you will receive the required PINs and further instructions. You will have 90 days to successfully complete the 7 modules to receive your Certificate in Essential Site Management Skills.
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their work crews in order to comply with active Public Health Orders.
Providing training to your key supervisors and managers will ensure your business is better positioned to adjust to the impacts of the pandemic and to align your business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan.
This Certificate in Essential Site Management Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to more effectively manage the activities on a construction site as needs evolve to address the current pandemic environment.
This Certificate program consists of the following seven Build Force self-paced online modules/courses:
- 1st Level Supervisor Training Program – 5 Gold Seal Credits – 14 hours
- A comprehensive training programs that offers critical basic skills and concepts needed to effectively supervise a crew in a dynamic construction environment
- Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace – 1 Gold Seal Credit – 3 Hours
- Equips participants with the skills to be successful and participate in creating a respectful and inclusive workplace
- Construction Industry Ethics – 2 Gold Seal Credits – 4 hours
- Helps participants understand ethics as it relates to the construction industry and assists them in navigating ethical grey areas
- Communication, Negotiation, and Conflict – 2 Gold Seal Credits – 4 hours
- Helps to improve written, oral, and negotiating communication skills for increased supervisory effectiveness
- Construction Project Management – 3 Gold Seal Credits – 4 hours
- Builds skills to assist in managing the various complexities of construction projects from start to finish
- Construction Law – 2 Gold Seal Credits – 4 hours
- Develops an understanding of construction contracts, potential areas for conflict, and how to avoid those pitfalls
- Intro Construction Estimating – 2 Gold Seal Credits – 4 hours
- Provides skills and knowledge related to estimating practices and assists in the understanding of the fundamentals of how construction work is priced