Gold Seal: 1 Credit
Please note, new registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PDT and will receive logins and instructions within 24 hours of payment.
Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
Construction can be a dangerous industry to work in! You work with tools, equipment, and vehicles that require special training and consideration, and you work in environments that call for tradespeople to be constantly aware of the potential hazards to your health and safety. This National Construction Safety Awareness course was developed by the construction industry to give you an overview and encourage a general awareness of the health and safety issues you'll be faced with on any work site in Canada.
Understand what you can do to keep yourself, your co-workers, and your work environment safe every day.
After completing this course, participants will:
- Know their rights and responsibilities on any work site, including those of their co-workers and employer.
- Learn the necessary communications to ensure the work gets done correctly and safely.
- Recognize the measures they need to take off the job site to make sure they are ready for work on the job site.
- Identify the personal protective equipment (PPE) they'll use on the job site and how to use it effectively.
- Know the precautions to take when working with workplace chemicals, including understanding the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and safety data sheets.
- Understand the importance of protecting the environment around their work site, and how to make that happen.
- Recognize the different types of hazards they may encounter on a job site, and how to assess and control them.
- Identify the tools, equipment, and vehicles they'll use on-site, and how to use them safely.
- Know the precautions to take when working at heights, excavating and trenching, and working near power lines.
- Understand how regulations differ across Canada and across industries, and the importance of understanding processes and procedures at their own site.
- Recognize hazards that may be present in confined spaces, and how to ensure they work safely under those conditions.
This course uses interactive elements, scenarios, videos, and quizzes to reinforce learning.
A final mark of 100% is required in order to receive a certificate of completion. Upon successful completion, you can download your certificate.
Duration: This course consists of 15 modules, for a total of about 5 hours of self-paced instruction.
How registration works: Registrations will be processed Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM PDT and will receive logins and instructions within 24 hours of payment. Courses purchased on weekends or holidays will receive logins and instructions on the next business day.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Who Should Attend
This course is for everyone that works in construction.