Essential Supervisory & Management Skills
Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate may qualify for funding under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS) to approved employers.
Cost:$700 + GST
Upon registration, you will receive the required login information and further instruction
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their work crews in order to effectively comply with active Public Health Orders.
This Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to manage a construction site more effectively as needs evolve to address the many challenges imposed by the current pandemic environment.
The need to align business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan has become an integral part of business success. Providing the knowledge, communication skills, and how to effectively manage a team to your Supervisors and Managers will ensure your business is better positioned to quickly adjust to the impacts of the pandemic. This training will aid your business in being able to pivot accordingly in an environment that is becoming increasingly unpredictable.
This Certificate in Essential Supervisory & Management Skills consists of the following 2 half-day (16 hours) live instructor lead training sessions, plus an online portion involving research, reading, and answering questions (7-8 hours) that will be marked by the instructors. By the end of the 2 days participants will be able to:
- Understand the differences between leadership, management, and supervision
- Identify different leadership styles and approaches
- Apply different leadership styles to deal with various situations
- Knowledge of motivational theories – Mazlow, Herzberg, MARS
- Ability to enhance individual and group performance and engagement
- Understand different personality styles and how to communicate appropriately
- Effectively manage time
- Understanding stress and how to manage it at work
- Knowledge of substance abuse, recognition, and prevention
- Conduct a successful toolbox talk
- Appropriately discipline and/or terminate staff
- Apply various negotiating skills
- Deal with difficult people, conflict, and confrontation
- Use collaborative decision-making skills
- Understand a systems approach to the management of construction companies