Essential Project Manager Skills
Certificate in Essential Project Manager Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate may qualify for funding under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS) to approved employers.
Cost: $175 + GST
Upon registration, you will receive further instructions within 1 business day. You will have 6 weeks to successfully complete the course to receive your Certificate in Essential Project Manager Skills.
This Certificate in Essential Project Manager Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to more effectively manage the activities on a construction site as needs evolve to address the many challenges imposed by the current pandemic environment.
The need to align business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan has become an integral part of business success. Providing site management skills training to your Project Managers will ensure your business is better positioned to quickly adjust to the impacts of the pandemic. This training will aid your business in being able to pivot quickly in an environment that is becoming increasingly volatile and unpredictable.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of project planning
- Understand the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK)
- Use the appropriate industry standardized contracts and/or Purchase Orders
- Use risk management tools and mitigate for risk
- Understand the estimating process
- Understand the importance of scheduling and use appropriate scheduling tools
- Understand expectations management and adapt communication accordingly
- Understand the components of projects – labour, materials and overheads – and use of techniques to maximize job profitability and minimize costs
- Do post-mortem analysis after project completion
- Understand the impact and methodology of construction cost control
- Use of site and office project cost control methods
- Use Construction Industry Codes to analyse costs vs budget
- Adapt the project estimate to a project budget
- Understand how job costing fits within the overall accounting systems
- Understand Return on Investment (ROI) and how this impacts required project profit margins
- Understand the contract process from bidding to project close-out
- Understand the importance of cash flow projections for construction companies