Essential Business Skills
Certificate in Essential Business Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate may qualify for funding under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS) to approved employers.
Cost:$790 + GST
Upon registration, you will receive the required login information and further instruction
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their work crews in order to effectively comply with active Public Health Orders.
This Certificate in Essential Business Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to improve cash flow, negotiating abilities, and writing documents. The information will allow participants to excel in key areas of the business to maintain and grow their success within the industry.
This Certificate consists of the following 3 modules:
Getting Paid and Managing Cash Flow in Construction – 0 Gold Seal Credit
- CCA 28 – A Guide to Improving Cash Flow in the Construction Industry
- CCA 50 – A Prime Contractors Guide to Project Financing and Payment Security
- CCA 53 – Trade Contractors Guide and Checklist to Construction Contracts
- CCA Banking Guide for the Canadian Construction Association
- CCDC 12 – Project Financial Information Disclosure Form
Tuesday, March 2, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM CST
Negotiation Skills Workshop: You don’t get what you want, need, or deserve – you get what you negotiate – 1 Gold Seal Credit
- The most common negotiating mistakes people make and how to avoid them.
- The characteristics of highly effective negotiators
- The 5 steps process to plan and prepare for your negotiations quickly and effectively.
- How to determine your “walk-away point”
- How to defend yourself against “hardball’ negotiators
- How to counter the 5 common manipulative strategies being used against you.
- How to create win-win outcomes that ensure the other party lives up to their end of the bargain
Tuesday March 9,10:30 am to 2:30 PM CST & Wednesday, March 10, 10:30 am to 2:30 pm CST
Writing Effective Letters, Scope Documents, Reports, and Proposals – 1 Gold Seal Credit
Focused on helping you write more effectively covering multiple topics:
- Planning your scope documents
- Writing effective letters
- Responding to bids and proposals
- Structuring your reports and project documentation
Tuesday, March 16, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm CST & Wednesday, March 17, 9:30 am to 1:30 pm CST