ESSENTAIL PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Certificate in Essential Project Management Skills
PLEASE NOTE: This Certificate qualifies for funding under the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy (RSTS)
Cost: $440 + GST
Upon registration, you will receive the required login information for each course.
As the province continues to roll out its Re-Open Saskatchewan Plan, contractors and their employees are being challenged to adjust to new safety protocols and a different way of managing their work crews in order to effectively comply with active Public Health Orders.
This Certificate in Essential Project Management Skills will provide course participants with the knowledge and understanding to more effectively manage the activities on a construction site as needs evolve to address the many challenges imposed by the current pandemic environment.
The need to align business activities with the phases of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan has become an integral part of business success. Providing site management skills training to your Project Managers will ensure your business is better positioned to quickly adjust to the impacts of the pandemic. This training will aid your business in being able to pivot quickly in an environment that is becoming increasingly volatile and unpredictable.
This Certificate consists of the following 2 modules:
Earned Value Management (EVM) for Construction – 1 Gold Seal Credit – 7 hours
- Obtain knowledge in understanding and using an effective performance management system
- Detect both positive and negative trends in a timely manner
- Forecast the Project Final Cost using several techniques
- Confidently and quickly make project decisions concerning scope, costs, and schedule
- Learn to avoid the project management pitfalls by identifying and mitigating risks
— Thursday, November 19 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST
— Wednesday, December 9 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CST
Writing Effective Emails – 0 Gold Seal Credits – 1.5 hours
- With increased reliance on connecting remotely, emails are more important than ever as a key communication medium
- Learn to write effectively for different audiences
- How to develop clear subject lines
- Structuring your emails – using a direct approach for maximum impact
- Incorporating clarity in developing emails
–Thursday, December 10 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM CST