Exemptions and Cross-over Credits for MERIT Certificates
Merit will assess each request for course exemptions individually, based on these criteria:
- Programs or courses taken prior to January 2015 will not qualify for credit of any kind.
- Only MERIT-sponsored courses will be considered for cross-over credit.
- Courses/modules considered for cross-over credit must be of equal length and content. (eg: a one-hour leadership module taken in Foreman Training in 2016 would not qualify for transfer credit to our 2018 three-hour course in Leadership.)
- The 2018 “Creating a Respectful Work Environment” course must be taken to receive any one of the three MERIT Certified Certificates.
To apply for an exemption, please email us, providing this information:
- List of MERIT programs you’ve taken and date (if you don’t have access to this information, we can look it up in our records)
- Certificate course you are hoping to get an exemption for
We will assess your request within 3 working days, and communicate directly with you on options for MERIT certification.